As the medical requirements of person vary according to the age and needs there is a Medicare Advantage plan known as Part C that is available. This Insurance plan is a combination of the benefits available in Part A and Part B of the regular Medicare Plans. The Part A and Part B of a Medicare plan provide coverage for in-patient and out-patient expenses respectively. The Medicare Advantage Plans inAlabamaare a combination of the facilities provided by both the first parts and extend many benefits at affordable premiums when compared to other Medicare plans.
Eligibility for Medicare Advantage Plans (Part C)
The eligibility for getting the Medicare Advantage Plans in Alabama is as follows:
- The people living in Alabama are eligible to join this plan.
- The insurer already has Medicare A and Medicare B coverage.
- The insurer is not suffering from End Stage Renal Disease (EDRD) when applying for the coverage under Part C.
Different Kinds Of Medicare Advantage Plans (Part C)
There are four commonly available types of Medicare Advantage plans such as –
- Health Maintenance Organization Plans – This plan covers visit to doctor or health care providers or hospitals on the panel of the insurance provided in an emergency.
- Preferred Provider Organization plans – This is a plan offered by the private insurance company and comes with lesser premium when choosing panel doctors, hospitals of the insurance provider.
- Private Fee For Service Plan – This plan is one in which the coverage is calculated by the insurance provider on the basis of the doctors, hospitals etc on individual insurer case to case basis.
- Special Needs Plan – This plan is for people suffering from specific diseases and the coverage is decided on the basis of the treatment, medication, hospital etc and offers a custom made coverage solution to the individual medical needs of the insurer.